The Florissant Dental Services Patient Center is designed to provide you with answers to many of your questions about your dental health and the care options that your doctor and his staff provide. Individual questions are always welcome by email or by phone (314) 227-9222 during office hours.
48-hr cancellation notice required, or fee may apply at appointment.
When you arrive at Florissant Dental Services, you will be asked to fill out dental history and insurance forms. You may want to arrive a few minutes early to give yourself time to fill out these forms. If you scroll down this page of our website, you can download these forms and have them filled out before you arrive. Once treatment begins, we encourage ongoing discussion with your doctor to clarify details of any procedure and to answer any questions you may have. Our knowledgeable front desk staff will help you determine your probable insurance coverage and payment options. We accept all PPO plans and will gladly file your claims for you. We are contracted providers with:
- Delta Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield 300
- Cigna Radius
You may also schedule follow-up appointments or request a reminder to be sent when it is time for your next cleaning.
In order to make paying for your dental services as convenient as possible, we offer a number of payment options, including:
- CareCredit Payment Plan
- Six months, interest-free payment plans
- Twelve months, interest free payment plans (4% processing fee applies)
- Longer payment plan options are available-ask our staff for details
- We also accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, checks and bankcards
Dental insurance can help make the best dental care more affordable to you. If you have dental insurance, we can help you get the most out of your dental insurance benefits by preparing and electronically filing the necessary forms for you.
Not all dental plans are the same. Premiums and benefits can vary widely between different carriers and different plans. Be careful to fully understand the depth and limitations of your insurance plan. Dr. Landgraf is always willing to discuss his diagnosis and treatment plan with you, and the staff at Florissant Dental Services has years of experience with submitting dental claims, to help you understand your insurance coverage.
Our primary concern at Florissant Dental Services is your overall health. The best insurance is always regular brushing and flossing, coupled with scheduled cleanings, to protect your smile from cavities and disease. Call (314) 227-9222 for details about your insurance, or to schedule an appointment.
The dental care you receive conforms to a very high standard of care, and we are very confident in assuring you of a lasting comfort and quality. Our practice is proud of the dentistry that we provide for you and your family. Our goal is not only to correct any dental problems you may presently have, but also to show you how to prevent gum disease in the future. Preventative action will save you time and unnecessary expense. The long-term success of the dental treatment that we provide for you depends greatly upon your daily home care of your teeth and gums. Regular professional cleanings, exams, x-rays and fluoride treatments are also very important. The products recommended by our office for you and the frequency of your professional recare visits (checkups) depend on your individual condition. These recare visits may be every two to six months depending on your overall health. With that in mind, we offer the following limited dental warranties:
- Dental Sealant – Sealants are plastic coatings placed on the chewing surfaces of the teeth to prevent decay in the pits and grooves of the teeth. These are the most common areas for children to get cavities. Flossing and the use of fluoride will help prevent decay from developing between the teeth. We will replace sealants for a period of 5 years after placement in the event they are lost. You must keep the regular prescribed recare appointments or this warranty is null and void (minimum every 6 months).*
- Composite (tooth colored) Fillings – If a composite restoration is the recommended treatment of choice, we will replace or repair it in the event of failure for a period of 2 years. If the filling replaces the biting edge of the tooth, the pressure may exceed the strength of the plastic composite. Repeated fracture of this edge may necessitate using a stronger porcelain crown. You must keep the regular prescribed recare appointments or this warranty is null and void (minimum every 6 months).*
- Root Canals – Root canal treatment is about 96% successful. They do occasionally fail. If you lose your tooth within 3 years due to failure of the root canal (you must also have the tooth properly restored), we will refund the root canal fee, or apply it as a credit toward a replacement tooth. You must keep the regular prescribed recare appointments or this warranty is null and void (minimum every 6 months).*
- Crowns, Bridges, Onlays and Porcelain Veneers – We will warranty these most comprehensive procedures for a full 5 years. We will replace or repair then at no charge during this five year period if they break, are lost, or decay with normal use (this does not include accidents that could also break normal, healthy teeth). You must keep the regular prescribed recare appointments or this warranty is null and void (minimum every 6 months).*
- Dentures and Partial Dentures – We will warranty dentures and partials for a period of 3 years if a tooth chips or breaks, or a flange breaks under normal use. This warranty does not cover accidents such as dropping your denture. Full upper and lower denture patients must be seen once every 12 months. Patients with some of their own natural teeth must keep the regular prescribed recare appointments or this warranty is null and void (minimum every 6 months).*
*NOTE: Failure to have these regular office visits with our office voids all warranties. Help us to help you maintain your teeth for a lifetime!
We hate for our patients to wait. To better serve you, we ask that you print out and bring in the following forms. This enables us to get started on your treatment in a timely manner. Please have your insurance card available when you come in. If you can provide us with your insurance information ahead of time over the phone that would be even better. If you are unable to print these forms we ask that you come 15 minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow time for you to fill out the forms and for us to enter your information into our computer system.